Steak is a very popular dinner choice, whether cooking at home or eating at a restaurant. No matter how you like your steak, there are some things you can do to enhance your experience and make the most of your meal. While red wine is considered to be the classic choice for pairing with steak, there are lots of other drinks that can go great with it too. Keep reading to find out about the best drink pairings to enjoy with your steak.
Best drinks to pair with steak
A lot of people don’t realize how much of a difference the right beverage can make when it comes to the taste of a meal. However, once you begin thoughtfully pairing your meals with the right drinks, you will quickly realize just how much some simple flavor choices can pay off. If you’re interested in planning the perfect pairing with your next steak dinner, here are some of the best drinks to pair with steak:
- Martinis: Martinis are very popular cocktails for people who like a fresh, botanical taste without excessive sweetness or overpowering flavors. Martinis pair well with steak because the flavor isn’t too strong and it complements the taste of red meat.
- Beer: Beef goes great with dark beers like porters and stouts. The rich, sweet flavor of these dark beers complements steaks perfectly, and they are particularly great with ribeye steaks and similar cuts. Getting a beer with a bitter taste is a great way to complement the rich flavor of the steak.
- Whiskey: Whiskey is another excellent drink option to pair with steak. The best type of whiskey to pair with red meat is scotch because of the smoky notes, which pair well with the smokiness of grilled steak. For the best flavor experience, don’t mix the whiskey with anything other than some ice.
- White wine: While red wine is the classic choice to pair with steak, white wine is also a great option to have with red meat. The best white wine options to pair with steak are full-bodied whites that complement the flavor of steak. Chardonnays are great for pairing with steak because of their dynamic flavor.
- Non-alcoholic drinks: If you don’t drink alcohol (or just don’t feel like drinking at the moment), there are plenty of non-alcoholic drink options that pair well with steak. Cranberry and pomegranate juice are great because they have acidic tastes that accents the heaviness of red meat. Club soda with lime or lemon is another great non-alcoholic option that can help with clearing the palate between bites.
Best drinks for pairing with steak
No matter what you’re going to order for dinner, or what kind of drink you’re planning on pairing with your meal, you can find the best food and drink options around at the Hotel Seymour Supperclub. Whether you already know what you want to order or you’re looking for some recommendations, we’re here to make sure you have the best experience possible. Stop by today or call us to make reservations and check out our menus for yourself.